View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
SerenaFairfax
Book Author
SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SerenaFairfax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Ipad
Hi!
I approached a reputable manuscript assessor and got valuable feedback. Yes, it is pricey but honestly if one's serious about writing it's money well spent. Furthermore, one owes it to oneself to get an unbased view of one's work to enable one to fix it if it's going to be in the public domain. I didn't agree with all that the appraiser said (it was a thoughtful, lengthy and detailed appraisal and showed that the reader had read and understood what I was trying to do)but a lot was valid and fair comment and provided excellent suggestions on how it could be fixed. (I remember I wasn't exactly thrilled when I first read the appraisal but after I'd calmed down, I saw it made sense!) Several re-drafts followed ( I didn't re-submit to the appraiser) before I went live. I think it was worth it. As to the cost, I just had to re-calibrate my priorities! I googled and got some names,looked at their websites and their success stories and made my choice. There's really only a handful that can reasonably be trusted.
SerenaFairfax is offline   Reply With Quote