View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 AM   #17
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircastor View Post
...{snip}...My reader also doesn't read properly in the Sony Reader App. I hand loaded a book on it. But haven't updated to the newest reader Library software, so I figured that was it. I guess I'll need to call Sony. Not sure if I'm going to switch colors.
My replacement PRS-650 arrived yesterday (black instead of the red one I sent back as defective). Imagine my surprise when the same issues (Reader app freezing when attempting to "authorize" the reader, 650's name in the sidebar as "Error") appeared. This time I decided the issue must certainly be something on my iMac so I connected the 650 to my MacBook and the 650 now showed the correct name. The freezing problem was (I believe after conferring with Sony via telephone) due to my Adobe login ID not matching what the Sony Store showed for my Adobe login ID (yeah, that's confusing). I changed my Adobe ID in the Sony record and, after about 10 minutes, the Store seemed to have updated my record properly so the "reauthorization" of the reader could take place. (BTW, why the Reader was already authorized is beyond me because I never authorized it to begin with; I wonder if Sony sent me someone else's return that wasn't actually bad - like my red one that is currently winging its way back to the Sony mothership).

In any case, the Reader Library software is...how charitable shall I be?...not iTunes. It's clunky, has a confusing interface, and seems almost...numb is the word that comes to mind.

Thankfully, I can ignore it until I'm ready to purchase something through the Sony Store as everything looks like it can just be dropped into the mounted "Reader" volume that appears when I plug in the unit.

Now it's time to make a folio case for it; I have an industrial sewing machine in my garage and some leather. I'll post some photos when I finish it.
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote