View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Hello all, I am one of the winners of the Mystery Contest and I received the i62HD. Since I was notified of my prize I have been reading this forum so I could be ready when it arrived.
Congratulation on your new reader and I'm glad that everything went well with the shipping!
I will try to answer some of your questions. But I have already updated to firmware 1.8. I hope that it will apply nevertheless.

Quote:
2. Though all the info I have read says the manual would be included on the reader, I did not receive the full manual. I have not been able to find one on-line. Was I suppose to get it on the system, and is there a link to one (in English) that I could download?
On my device there was only a manual for the Boox A62, firmware 1.6. The biggest difference is that the A62 didn't have a touchscreen. You find it under "Settings" on the second page.

Quote:
3. After much confusion, I realize that the i62HD does NOT have the glow screen, is this correct?
Yes. The glow version is the "Firefly".

Quote:
4. My main page has something called "Shortcuts" which is empty, and I don't know what it's for. Does anyone have any information on this?
This may make sense when you're reading more than three books simultaneously, it then offers a shorter way to find the books that are not in the top of the screen. If your "cursor" is "standing" on a book (easiest after opening and then closing it) you can open the menu (symbol in the left bottom corner) and then "Create shortcut".

Quote:
5. On the sticky forum about the updates, I am very confused as to which ones should be used on the i62HD. I have version 1.7. I'm not sure I want to update untill I have learned this one throughly. I see that Booxtor has kept the first comment current with the latest updates, but I'm still confused. (See the Astak sticky comment where I listed all the updates for the Astak Pocket Pro)
Yes, the i62hd, not the firefly.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote