View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #9
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
As stated above the .708 upgrade has problems. I have had my Cybook for about a month. I have the .681 build. I am happy with it. I do not think the upgrade is that amazing. IF or IF EVER they have an upgrade which allows Landscape mode or 180 degree turn for .prc files (ie Upside down which would allow me to read MY Cybook with ONE HAND) or other interesting improvements. Then I would upgrade.

If not. I would advise you to stay at .681 and enjoy your Cybook for a while.

Hidari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
First of all: I got my Cybook Gen3 today and I am amazed!

Shipment was superfast, taking only 2 and 1/2 workdays from bookeen to my home - inkluding a 1000+km travel

The only thing that I do not quite understand is that the device seems to have firmware version 681 installed. I expected the device to be shipped with the latest version.

Since the firmware is not available on the website directly my questions are now:

*How do I get it?
*What are the differences (+/-)?
*Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by hidari; 08-21-2008 at 01:01 AM.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote