View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
McFessel
Writer guy
McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McFessel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3
I've seen rave reviews of Game of Thrones since it came out in '96 ... but avoided reading it since I wanted to tackle the whole series from start to finish in one go. Obviously I've been waiting a while to start...

Well, then the HBO series came along. And I *really* wanted to watch it. So, after 15 years, I caved and read Game of Thrones. And (for me) it lived up to the hype and I immediately dove into the second book (still on it) as soon as I finished watching Season 1. That said, I'd read the book first and then watch the HBO series, as so many here have already said. I think it condenses some of the fluff in the book without sacrificing much content -- a very good adaptation.

The second season is in production now, so hopefully it won't be too long until the next installment. My question is: Will Martin focus more on the television series now it's a huge success instead of working on the last two books? I'd like to think that with the release of Book 5 his pace will pick up again, but who knows...

You will find no closure from reading Game of Thrones -- but, if you like epic fantasy, it is still a good read regardless.

Self-promotion deleted - MODERATOR

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-12-2011 at 05:31 AM.
McFessel is offline   Reply With Quote