View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
I'm sure that some of you would throw away some of my books too, but...

"The Stand" is only the second book that I have ever thrown away. Normally if I don't like a book I just give it away.

But I tried reading "The Stand" 3 times over a year and a half. Just couldn't.

The only other book that I tossed was "A Confederacy of Dunces". Just trying to read a short summary (http://www.gradesaver.com/a-confeder...short-summary/) made me sick.

There's more than one book in the world because we all have different taste. And while I "know" that S. K. is supposed to be great, there is something in him that reminds me of "A Confederacy of Dunces".
I don't have a problem with you not liking The Stand but hwy are you "throwing" books away, instead of passing them on or donating them?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote