View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #3981
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Hi
My main Calibre fanfiction library crashed. As in the metadata.db file is damaged. I tried rebuilding it, I got error messages. I tried deleting the db file (well I renamed it) and creating a new one and restoring it and got error messages.

The main error message was:
ERROR: Failed: Restoring database failed, click Show details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 125, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 277, in replace_db
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

I turned off the virus program and reran it. I deleted the virus program (Panda) and ran it. Same error after running for over 24 hours. I tried to just add the books into the blank library. didn't work. I got my backup library that i unfortunately had not backed up to in about 2 weeks. I copied the two weeks worth of files to another drive, and then added them. But they didn't carry over the metadata - i.e. the chapters/pages/summaries

My question is, I read something about that the data is there, and there is a way to recover it? I really don't want to manually have to re-add all this stuff again.

Thanks for any help. I really love this program and this has been really frustrating. Because it couldn't happen after I updated my back-up. Sigh.
Thanks!