View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #39
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Heard of him; haven't read him so far. He's a Czech writer, and he's Miloslav, not Miroslav.

In original Czech, quite a few books can be purchased in recent editions, including as EPUBs (see the largest Slovak online bookstore). Many of his books in German translations can also be purchased second-hand via Amazon.
I know he's Czech, but the book I read was from the 80s, therefore my hope you'd know him
Yes, I saw that I can get the used books on amazon.de, and I will and send it to a scan service, but it makes me sad that no new readers will ever even know about him. Plus, I'd love to get his books new - to keep...

So good to hear at least in his neck of the world his books are still selling and even as ebooks! Wow! Of course, the one I read had black and white photography, so perfect for an eink device even.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote