View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #1860
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynor View Post
I could probably even live with a small (unobtrusive) ad at the top of chapters, if it meant that we could sustain the functionality. How to do this though, without adding to the overhead of the ebook size I can't tell, not all downloaders support in-lined graphics if I recall.
Not all reader apps either (well, not all handle them gracefully)-- and if reading with e-ink, graphics might not be the greatest idea, but since I've never used an e-ink device, others will be better able to judge. Still, to hear that FFN are actually considering compilation-- that's amazing! I should note however that there are authors out there who are against having their fics available in one easy download by default from a site, because of plagiarism fears. I know a person who refused to join AO3 precisely because of the availability of downloads, for the above reasons.