View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Development Environment

Apparently 10.8 changes the way environment variables are passed. ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist is no longer used. According to this post, environment variables are now specified in the app's info.plist file:

Quote:
Change the Info.plist of the .app itself to contain an "LSEnvironment" dictionary with the environment variables you want.
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist is no longer supported.
It's not the app bundle, it's the calibre-debug executable in usr/bin that needs to be launched with the environment variable, but that's not an app bundle.

Ideas?

UPDATE:
I found this article indicating that it's possible to export an environment variable specified in /etc/launchd.conf.

That seems to resolve it. I am now properly running from source.

I'd appreciate it if someone else could confirm this solution, and then the docs should be updated to reflect this change for 10.8+.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 07-25-2012 at 05:58 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote