View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Actually, the OTG USB is the INTERNAL one used by the 3G modem. The external connector only acts as a device, and does not support host mode. It would be possible to connect the external USB with another USB device such as the USB LCD, but you would need a host bridge device between them.

And you would need special device drivers inside the kindle.

EDIT: I finally found this post again so I could update and correct it. I have since read the freescale manual, which says the internal port is Host-Only, and the external port is OTG (Host or Device mode), so we can connect USB devices to the kindle (like a USB flash drive, or keyboard or mouse). In theory you could connect a USB video display too.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-14-2012 at 04:03 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote