View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarham View Post
Eh, I guess it would be easier to VNC into the kindle instead of replacing the screen so I can mess with stuff with a friendlier interface.

Edit: Ok, from what I'm reading on that last link, the controller for the e-ink display is actually on the ribbon itself. This would mean that I'm good to go, right? I really wish I knew more about this stuff.
I read elsewhere that somebody looked up the part number of the IC on the eInk flex cable, and reported that is was a large ROM chip containing eInk tuning parameters adjusted for that specific display. It makes sense that a display and its custom tuning parameters stay together as a unit (for easy replacement), and that the common components (eInk driver circuit) go on the motherboard (to reduce display replacement cost).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote