View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoadToTibet View Post
Like most ebook authors, I posted details of my own book on this forum but afterwards came to think, isn't it a total waste of time? In all fairness, who's going to believe any comments I have about my own books? I can say "Hey, my book High Road To Tibet is available on the Kindle at $2.99 and is a great read" but what else would I say???
Don't get me wrong, any publicity is good publicity but I feel a single reader review of my book is a hundred times better that anything I can say about my own work.
What do others think, have you had sales from posting on this Author Self-Promotion forum?
John
I think the point of that forum is for people from this site to have a look, see what you've done. People here are probably more likely to write a review than anywhere else. Main problem is probably the very short window of time you get to be on the first page, which leads to people posting any old nonsense just to bump it back up
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote