View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #36
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Migraines from reading??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
She was complete blind in that eye so they had no choice but to remove it.

On my HDX #3 you could see blue borders but the other two I had no you could not problem is I can't read on black background at all. Gives me migraines and makes me see slots or blinds. White text is too blinding. I don't know how others do it. Two backgrounds I stay away from are white or black both hurt my head.
What relationship does white text on a black background have with migraine headaches? I don't get it. Have you mentioned that to your doctor?

Also, when you read my screen shot, did you also get a migraine?

Maybe you had the light setting too high. I keep it at 50%.

Your mom did right. If one loses all sight in one eye, then one may as well remove the cataract even if their is a risk the Macular could be affected. I can see perfectly through my cataract at near vision but have slight blurring in that eye at long distances. My doctor tells me that, if the cataract is replaced by an IOL, then I would need glasses to read at near vision but would be able to see fine at long distances. Plus, the other eye would have to be operated for an IOL insert to keep both eyes in sync even if the other eye had perfect vision.

Thus, for me a cataract operation would mean I would have to wear glasses. Now I do NOT have to wear any glasses for any purpose. Most folks acquire Macular Degeneration as they age. There is no cure for that and, if we get old enough, we will probably go blind and get dementia to boot. There is no way out of aging. Over age 105 almost all folks are in the persistent, vegetative state if they made it that far. At age 115 life expectancy is measured in days or even hours.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-25-2013 at 06:10 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote