View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
hermes
non-techy
hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Location: wherever I can afford to get laid and eat vegetarian
Device: Sony pocket edition and Kobo touch both died - looking at Kindles
Thank you for this thread. I was going to post the same question relevant to a portable office. In the past I actually traveled with the Canon CanoScan LiDE. Well, not *travelled*. I mean I put it in my luggage and set it up with my laptop when I settled in a hotel room for more than a five days. What I like about it is it is cheap (often under $100, without taxes) and it is lightweight. I am a journalist and author, I have to scan thousands of books and magazines and it worked fine. I think it broke down at about 8000 scans. Maybe it can be fixed. But I would rather have something MUCH more portable. This model takes up a lot of room in one's carry-on suitcase. But other than that I am happy with it. Unless one is doing something controversial or potentially illegal (copying the bible in Saudi Arabia might be construed to be missionary work) or those threesome photos of you and the German Shepherd, I suggest just using an office service's staff.

Last edited by hermes; 05-29-2011 at 06:55 PM.
hermes is offline   Reply With Quote