View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #13
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
If I remember correctly, Mobipocket also relied on the <meta name="cover"> tag (among other things) for identifying a cover in ePUB files. I use it in my ePUBs, it does not harm and I hoped it could be used some day...
I plan on adding that to Sigil, since it could be generally useful even if you're not using an iPad. Something like a right-click menu option on an image in the Book Browser: "Mark as cover image". It would also mark an image automatically if the first chapter file is "small" and contains just one image (this would naturally be overridable).

The "plist" used by the iPad/iTunes will not be added to epubs by default, but Sigil will add them if an option is selected, either on export or in an options screen.

But we still have to wait a couple of weeks to see how all this turns out. I'll be getting an iPad so I'll be waiting to get some first hand experience with the thing before I start making any iPad-specific changes.

Needless to say, iPad support is very high on my list. Sigil is used by a surprising number of ebook publishers and I'm pretty sure they care deeply about this.

Last edited by Valloric; 04-03-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote