View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #1038
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Hi, I have noticed another bug with the pdf reflow in the new PDF reader. When I am reading a page in reflow the turn page button doesn't work every third or so click. Typically, this occurs when clicking the button just before you arrive at the end of the page (because in reflow mode at the maximum font size a single page of the PDF can take several page turns on the reader to read completely).

However, if you open a PDF and just rapidly click through the pages in reflow mode this does not happen. It only happens if you are actually reading the page so there seems to be some kind of delay needed before clicking the button. It is really quite annoying because the page refreshes like it has changed but it is actually still on the same spot! If I click the button again then the page will turn as it should.

I have this problem with the turn page buttons on both sides of the device and even when I try to turn the page by touching the screen. So I guess it is not a hardware problem. I have tested it on a variety of PDF files. Most of the time it only occurs when I click to view the last part of the current page on the PDF (usually this works out to be every third click). This is only happening on the PDF reader and page turns work perfect on .mobi files.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I also mentioned earlier that annotations made in PDF reflow mode do not show up when I create a new PDF document using the merge command. Has anyone else duplicated this bug as well?

Oh, and does anyone know how to roll back the i62HD to 1.7? Can this be done by simply installing the 1.7 update on a machine running 1.8? I found that the reflow and the annotations on the beta PDF reader were more stable than on the 1.8.

Ha ha ha, sorry for all the questions.
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote