View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
My biggest gripe with e-ink is needing so much light to read at night in bed or in any low light situation.

I think when someone considers a device, they should look at their own habits and buy the device that fits their habits.

Exactly. I NEVER , EVER read in direct sunlight. I read often in pretty dim lighting.

I also seldom ever read for more than an hour or two a day.

So for me, while I like my Kindle, a tablet device makes a lot more sense for my needs. Better for dim lighting, can do more than read so it's more useful to someone like me who's not an avid reader compared to most on this site etc.

For others who read more, read in sunlight etc., e-ink and other reflective screens are best.

So I don't think it's silly to complain about lcd devices not being good in direct sunlight, but to be objective such reviews should also note that e-ink devices aren't great in dim lighting and require hassling with clip on lights etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote