View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #66
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The only Nook Glow I've ever held in my hands was in a Barnes & Noble brick & mortar store and it had a very noticeably glowing hotspot near the center of the screen. That wasn't exactly a major selling point, but hardly a surprise, as I've heard more than one person here complain about hotspots on theirs. In a couple of weeks, Amazon is having a press conference where many people are expecting to see a front-lit Kindle revealed. If the experience so many have described with their Nook Glows have taught me anything, it is not to be among the early adapters of glow screen technology. If a front-lit Kindle is introduced, I'll wait until I see if they've solved the hotspot problems that affect so many of the Nook Glows.