View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #382
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Pretty much a Luddite here. As Y2K approached, I bought some rechargeable NiCad flashlight batteries. As I recall, the instructions said that you should use not recharge them before they were exhausted. I didn't understand why, but that was my take on it.

With these LiIon batteries that the Pocket Pro and other readers use, is it also recommended to run the battery all the way down before you recharge it?
NiCds could suffer from "memory effect" (where the battery gradually holds less of a charge) if they were not fully drained before recharging. This isn't an issue with Lithium Ion. In fact it's recommended that you try not to let the battery drain too far too often.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote