Thread: Agatha Christie
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Actually, around half her full-length novels are post-World War II (especially the Miss Marples series, which goes right into the 1970s). And most of the others date from the 30s and 40s.

But, yes, you're right that the language hasn't changed much. She uses a very straightforward form of English, and it should hold no special difficulties for non-native English speakers.

Mike
Interesting. I know she wrote some in other historical periods (based I'm sure on her travels with her 2nd husband Max) but I always thought they were pretty much set in the early 20th century.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote