View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
I have these same questions! I would also like to know: is it pushing books to the device via calibre that causes problems, or having them processed by calibre at all?
Yes, you can send bad books to the device using calibre. Calibre updates the metadata when it sends, but doesn't touch the areas of the files that I think are the likely causes of the processing problems. But, a conversion should fix the problems. This will force a rewrite of all of the book and it should remove the problems.
Quote:
I ask because I've tried very hard to learn how to edit the epubs via sigil but I just can't get it, so I need Calibre in the meantime for adding book covers and removing some formatting, as well as removing something else sometimes. But a lot of times my ebooks are kinda wonky one way or another and I often wonder if it's calibre.
Loading an epub into calibre and then sending it to the device won't change the formatting. If you do a conversion, it can change depending on the options.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote