View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #108
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
...if someone fuelled me with some decent usable (as in "I can gorram understand it enough to use it") Eink dithering code: I might be dangerous. ...
In that case, I do not see how you will understand my new code that does 32-bit pipelined dithering (4-pixels in parallel), with no dither table. It is unfinished, but my proof-of-concept code proves that it works. I hand-simulated it all on paper first, with truth tables and stuff...

I will TRY to squeeze in a few comments or something, to save twobob a few spare braincells.

The problem is, a "simple" multi-term logical expression takes a half page of comments to describe what is going on down in the bits, especially with hidden propagation of carries, and "do not care" bits. I takes longer to explain it that to just DO it...

EDIT: Although I use Karnaugh mapping and DeMorgan's Theorem to simplify the logical expressions so that they RUN faster, that refactoring removes them further from their first reality-based implementation and tends to "obfuscate" their meaning. Speed and space optimizations are not always intuitive of easy to describe.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-16-2012 at 03:50 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote