View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #12
ruddell
Enthusiast
ruddell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Though I do not understand how page numbers will help you with chapters, the page numbers just give you the number in the book, not how many are in the chapter. Unless of course you go to the TOC but if you are doing that anyway, page numbers or locations will do the same thing.
On my Kindle Touch, I can simply swipe up to quickly go to the next chapter, then hit the menu area to see what page number that is. I try to keep that number in my head as I'm going through a chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
If I am not mistaken, Calibre has a plugin to add page numbers to books, though I am not sure if it will work as the default or not, though I don't think so. I am also not sure if it works on the Touch since the touch puts its accompanying files in a folder rather than in the main directory of the book.
Yes, Calibre lets you do this - and quite well. But it functions the same as the page numbers Amazon provides on the Kindle books you purchase from them directly. The problem is not that page numbers are or are not included. It is that I have to hit a button to see the page number, then hit a button to go back to reading.
ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote