Thread: iLiad The iLiad OS Project
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #140
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Hi, folks,

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to contribute something in this thread, but as you have probably guessed, I've been pretty busy. In February I moved to New York City and in May I got a new job which includes lots of travel. I know that much trouble can come from writing about work online, so I'll just say that I'm now working for Springer Science + Business Media (sometimes known as Springer-Verlag), in science publishing. It's a lot of fun, as you might guess, for someone with my interest in publishing-related topics.

However, my life, while exciting, is exceedingly busy and I don't foresee having any time to devote to iLiad development in the near future.

In addition to that, several months ago I bought a Kindle DX, and while I won't pretend it's perfect, I like it better than my iLiad and pretty much haven't used my iLiad at all since then. Since iRex also seems to be moving on, releasing newer readers based on updated software, my incentive for developing for the older iLiad is really very low, I'm afraid.

That said, it's possible that one day far in the future I'll do some iLiad programming as a hobby again. But if that day ever comes, it won't be for a long time.

I won't declare the iLiad OS project closed, but as I haven't seen any major activity by anyone else recently, I think I'll declare the project on indefinite hiatus. If anyone would like to take over, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to get you access to the SVN repository.

For those of you who are disappointed by this announcement, I'm sorry! The iLiad is still a great device and I hope you'll continue to enjoy using it, even without a version 2.13.
That's a shame.. Enjoy your job, though
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote