View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please ask Calibre questions in the Calibre forum.

Thanks.
did you see the above-quoted post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
What I meant by this is; at the top of Calibre, there is an option to "Get Books." When you click on this and type the name of the book or author in the query bar, it brings up a list of books in various formats from various booksellers. For my particular book, I noticed there were three with a red padlock on them. The padlocks were locked. There was one for the Amazon DE Kindle, one for e-books.com (ePub for Digital Editor) and one from WH Smith UK (that was a paperback I think). There was also one there from Barnes & Noble Nook showing a blue circle with a white "?" on it.

When the cursor was hovered over the locked padlock and the Barnes & Noble blue circle, there was a notice telling me that this book may have DRM restrictions. What does this actually mean and can I get over it?

To give you more information, I have downloaded the "Nook for PC" interface. I typed in the name of the book and the author I wanted from the "Shop" section from within the Nook for PC interface. It brought up the book I wanted. It was telling me it was a "Nook Book" (eBook). I clicked on the particular book I wanted and it showed up with no problem from Barnes & Noble. There was a bright orange bar with the words "Buy Now" on it, so I clicked this and nothing happened. It would not let me buy this book. What is happening here and why can I not download this book? Do I need to download some other type of software for it to work and if so, what?
Thank you

HB
enjoy
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote