View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Thanks for reporting this, I was hoping it would Just Work.
I'm not sure that it works as advertised for calibre output. Either that, or there are some bugs in the Kindle s/w. Following are excerpts from the Kindle release notes, and what happens with calibre-generated newspapers. (I don't have any Amazon subs to compare to).
Quote:
In the Sections & Articles view, you see the headlines of all the articles in each section. To see the Articles List of a particular section, navigate using the 5-way to View Articles List at the bottom of the screen.
This always takes you to the articles list for the first section. There isn't any way to go directly to the articles list for a specific section--you have to start at the first section and use the "right" click of the 5-way to move to successive sections.
Quote:
To navigate to a particular article within a section, use the 5-way controller to underline the section title and then press the 5-way to select. To dismiss this view and return to where you were last reading in the magazine or newspaper, select "Close Sections List" located at the bottom of the screen.
This doesn't make sense. If you underline the section and press the 5-way select you get the first article in the section. The is no "Close Sections List" and pressing the back button always takes you back to the sections and articles view, but always the first section--annoying if you were looking at the third article in the fourth section--now you have to click back to the fourth section to continue.
Quote:
Selecting the number to the right of the section title will take you to a list of articles found within that section.
Doesn't work--the section title and the number of articles are no longer separate and so you can't click on the number.

I'm doubtful that this faulty behavior has anything to do with calibre--more likely bugs in the Kindle s/w (it is after all, an early release). If anyone with knowledge of the MOBI format generated by calibre thinks otherwise, please chime in. Overall it's a minor improvement (the sections and titles display) but the behaviour of the back button is a real disappointment.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote