View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #114
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
In theory, what's supposed to happen is that Guy #2 issues a DMCA. The host yanks the material. You send notice to the host that you are disputing the DMCA and copyright ownership, and put the material back up. At that point, Guy #2 has to pursue it in court. We both know that's not how it will happen in reality though.

No argument there. Especially if the "person" making the claim is a large company.
Yeah, but, you try getting it put back up. Some hosts refuse to, or if they reenable things, the portions in question were deleted and you have to reupload them if you have a backup.

What really blew was that Guy #2 was sending the notices to a bunch of places other than my host. In all like a half dozen notices were sent out for the same thing. To top it all off, I knew all the people involved, and the guy could have easily just asked me.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote