View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #26
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I find reviews useful to help filter out books before I download the sample. Reviews can be suspiciously high, like when a newly published book suddenly has 15 reviews, all five-stars. And the reviews look phony like "John Doe did it again, with another masterpiece..." And a high number of negative reviews can help sway my decision to download the sample, but I'll look over the reviews before I decide not to download the sample. If I think the negative reviews have a point, I might not download the book. If I think they are dumb reviews, I'll ignore them.

For me, the sample is for when the book has passed the initial tests: the cover looks like some thought went into it, the blurb is well-written and interesting, and there's no red flags in reviews. The initial tests are done pretty quickly. Reading the sample takes time.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote