View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
...You add it from your desktop to the Sony software and add it to your Reader. If you then move that file into a different folder, any time you plug in your Reader and the software tries to sync, it won't be able to find that file on the desktop any more and it will just hang there forever instaed of skipping it or giving you an error message. It tries to sync the whole library, every time.
Exactly! I often don't know how to recover from this, so I usually end up removing the books from my Reader and starting all over which kills all my notes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
So if you're moving the files around it's going to mess everything up, even ones you thought were already synced. As long as you keep everything in the same place you had it when you added it to the Sony library it should be fine.

Calibre makes a separate copy of your files in its own directory so this problem doesn't exist.
Maybe I need to learn to organize all my books via Calibre first. Once I have the meta info in order, THEN I can use Sony Reader Library to upload the books from the Calibre storage location...

Do you ever have problems with Word DOCs causing the Sony Reader Library to hang? I think I need to convert them to PDF in the future (cutepdf) so as to avoid this, even though my device supports DOCs.

Ugh. I am getting irritable with this thing.
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote