View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm quite astounded to hear you say that the Jornada is your primary bookreader, rather than the Kindle, Nate. You were such a big fan of the Kindle when it first appeared - what's changed your mind about it?

I used all these HP devices in their time (my first Windows CE machine was a CE1 HP 320LX, which I still have), going right through to the HP iPaq 4700 Pocket PC. To my mind, however, none of them can compete (as a bookreader) with eInk devices for clarity of the screen or battery life.
I mentioned this over in the other thread. Here is a summary of where the Jornada is better:

pocketable form factor
nearly equal battery life
faster screen refresh
keyboard
touchscreen
backlight
Mobi Reader
screen rotation
fonts
PDA functions
PC functions
games

My experience with the 720 is beginning to make me think that Eink screens are not the be-all and end-all of ebook readers. Scroll up and read the first paragraph of this thread. Now you might understand why I wrote it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote