View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
If it were anyone else but you, Logseman, I probably wouldn't reply to this thread. I'm not sure how well it fits your criteria but, if you haven't already done so, get yourself a copy of Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez. You're lucky enough to be able to read him in Spanish, but Edith Grossman's translation is downright beautiful. Maybe also try Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, but it's not strictly a romance novel.
I'm honored that I can move you to do the unexpected

I have read El amor en los tiempos del cólera. Sadly Florentino Ariza struck me as a creep, so it's one of the few titles of García Márquez I don't recommend (unlike great pieces like The Story of a Shipwrecked Sailor).

I have got hold of Slightly Married by Mary Balogh, and so far I'm liking it a lot. Seemingly it's a the first tome of a saga, so I'll try to spot the others.

Thanks for your replies, everyone!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote