View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #61
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
I posted a major revision at post #1 of this thread.

• Processing. Rewrote and shortened Processing section. It used to follow the general workflow order Choice #1. Now it follows workflow order Choice #2. Thank you BetterRed and theducks for your comments above, which helped me reconsider general workflow order and seriously wonder why I hadn't been using Choice #2 until recently.

-----
    General workflow order. When processing new books into calibre, do you:
    1. add books, then assess/convert/fix format, then download/edit metadata? or,
    2. add books, then download/edit metadata, then assess/convert/fix format? or,
    3. assess/convert/fix format outside calibre, then add books, then download/edit metadata?
    -----

• Configurations. Removed Configurations section, rewrote that content and divided it into two new sections: Library, Metadata.

• Library. Devoted Library section to discussion of multiple libraries vs one library; tailoring library structure and metadata scheme; search; order of metadata (columns) for viewing and editing. Coined a new term "metadata clique".

• Metadata. Devoted Metadata section to the metadata scheme I use in my library, including descriptions by field/attribute: each with metadata elements, usage conventions, rules. Provided separate lists for calibre fields (including columns), and custom columns.

Last edited by unboggling; 02-15-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Clarify.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote