View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #745
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The files have had many thousands of downloads, so this is a new restriction. They are not encrypted, but their content is not recognized by the file hosting service as a recognized document or media format (especially the two-part zip files.

The problem was probably caused by excessive bandwidth consumption, and will likely affect the *.gmv.gz video files for the geekmaster video player too, so we need to mirror them too. I just received a PM last night from a new member who said he registered just to thank me for the kindle video player, so there were probably a lot of large video files downloaded from Mediafire recently.

EDIT: I just followed the link provided by qlob, and it says that multi-part zip files such as the K3 main partition are limited to 10 downloads per week, so those are the most important files to mirror at a less-restricted location. The mirrors should probably use a large gzip file instead of a two-part zip for these files.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-21-2012 at 08:44 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote