View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #24
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
It took me quite a while to finish this book but I liked it very much and found it highly interesting. Until now I don't know very much about ancient Egypt history but this book definitely has arisen an interest in this field.

As I've never been to Egypt this quote from the book
Quote:
That second hand-knowledge goes for nothing, however, in presence of the reality.
could have worked as a motto for my reading too. I can imagine that "A Thousand Miles Up the Nile" works as a perfect travel guide: it precisely describes what one sees today and what one could have seen along the same path about one hundred years ago. It must be fascinating to compare these two aspects on the spot.

So, Harry, thank you very much for proposing this book and "forcing" me to read something totally new, and thanks to all the others for voting for this book.

Last edited by Billi; 10-14-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote