View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
My current IP is 192.168.1.113
That really sums it up, doesn't it? Sure, My ISP provider gives my house a public IP addy, but once it gets to my router, it's private IP all the way down, just like turtles. My house is a bit less populated of late (with most of the boys grown and gone) but at any given time in years past, my router table had more than a dozen active private IP connections, sometimes quite a few more; desktops, laptops, ipads, xboxes, playstations, android phones. In addition to my own little potential pirates, they invite their little friend pirates over for various computer/game-related activities. Add some nieces, nephews, friends and other family, I've got a potential multi-billion dollar lawsuit hanging over my head!
Your IP connection, your responsibility to ensure its legal use. That's been the approach in the British courts, and it's one that I entirely agree with. To do otherwise is to give an open invitation to piracy (IMHO).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote