View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMc View Post
If they would let customers download their books for other readers besides the Kindles, they might sell a lot more.

I'm not going to buy their $400 device just so I can buy my eBooks at Amazon. I already have a reader, thank you.
And I hope you are enjoying your reader as much as I am enjoying my Kindle.

However, I think you are missing the point. Amazon isn't trying to corner the market, I think they realize there are many different book readers out there. They simply came up with one that has features that appeal to lots of people.....instant downloads and low prices, whether or not you can get whispernet, for example.

Ability to search authors, or books directly from the Kindle, both from Amazon, and at least 4 different free book sites. Probably 20% of the books I have downloaded I paid for. The rest came from here, or other free book sites.

A built in dictionary, that works seamlessly.

GREAT customer service, from all reports. I haven't had to use them, but the instant call back service sounds good.

Personally, I don't care about the built in mp3 player, I find it hard to read and listen to music at the same time. I just want a reader, something that fits comfortably in my hand, and doesn't take a lot of time to understand.

Now, if they could just come out with a reader designed specifically for college textbooks, they would own the world...........Let me add to this.....if they would just RELEASE a version that would work globally, they would own the world......

Last edited by desertgrandma; 08-26-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: addendum......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote