View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #453
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocitus View Post
Using DD worked a charm, the step i was missing was the copying of the mmcbkl0p1 image to the kindle in USB drive mode.

Enable USB mode on diagnostics mode was not working, I circumvented this by performing the operator test suite to the end where it says to export the xml file and temporarily activates USB storage mode and copying over the image then.

Thanks guys, I realised where I went wrong but you managed to tip me in the right direction to gain the knowledge I needed!
Skipping steps can be a problem. Forgetting to put the eggs in your omelette can make a less than satisfying breakfast.

Is your kindle repaired and working now?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote