View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 04:49 AM   #12
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
For the RC2 I did a clean install, formatting the internal memory first.

For me, the RC2 doesn't improve much on the RC, .html files can now be opened, but there's no support for button navigation. The go-to-page command in the menu works, but is too much of a hassle to turn pages every single time... There is support for button navigation in Adobe Viewer but button functions are preset and fixed. Settings for key mappings are ignored . @Jim, I tried to scroll pdf's via the touchscreen, but alas, nogo.

I reverted to RC1 but still nogo on the keymappings. Strange, because it worked for a couple of days under RC1. Perhaps formatting the internal memory caused some non-standard setting to disappear. I installed CoolReader3 and fbreader180 in the past, but don't plan to reinstall them now, as I don't use them much. I guess I won't find out if that's the key issue or not.

I reverted to 15.2, and the mappings work again, but my sd card was then KIA. Rendered completely inaccessable under 3 OSes, a smartphone and a camera... Well, it's a small loss, a 2Gig micro SD is cheaper than a 3.5" floppy (some 20 years ago) .

Updated again to RC2, still no luck on the mappings. As it is functionally and technically almost good enough for my user profile it will remain for a couple of weeks. The preset buttons are a bit of a nuisance, but at least it won't kill my sd cards. Will await the next version see if the mappings are supported again.

Last edited by joepie; 10-10-2011 at 12:20 AM.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote