View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Yes, of course you're right; the invasion has had a devastating effect on many of those who served in Iraq, just as being conscripted to Vietnam had a devastating effect on one of my brothers. David does mention this, but mainly I think so that we avoid doing it to other young men in future.
I never served but I imagine that it has been a common experience through out history that there have been those who have served their country, empire, etc. who have had to deal with a lot after the battles were done. I had one grandfather in WWI and the other was in WWII plus my cousin's father was in Korea so we've had a few who served over the years, and I don't say that they didn't do something that was necessary, but I do think that not all injuries suffered in war are visible. When will we learn how to find a better way I wonder?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote