View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Bloomsbury’s profits have dropped so much in the past year that they’re going to reprint the series with new covers. I give it 18 months before Rowling is bullied into allowing ebooks.
Harry Potter saved Bloomsbury from bankruptcy and gave it a new lease of life (and left several agents and bigger publishers with egg on their faces after they'd turned it down). But it's not as if they didn't have hugely ample warning that the HP cash cow was about to yield its last slice of sirloin.

I have no doubt that HP will be repackaged many times for each succeeding generation, and Bloomsbury certainly need to have something to offer to tie in with the next 2 movies as they finally plod to their end. I'm sure they've taken a long look at how George Allen & Unwin (and subsequently HarperCollins) milked the Tolkien franchise for all it's worth.

eBooks would be nice, but there are a host of ways they can keep the brand in front of shoppers' faces while sticking with print.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote