View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Dear forum,

Some of you may be subscribers to the US magazine "Consumer Reports," which claims to be an unbiased consumer resource. Unfortunately, they have failed in living up to their own standards this month. I obviously can't duplicate their article due to copyright (and it hasn't been posted to their web site), but I think you'll get the gist from the following letter to the Editors that I have just submitted:
I thought it was an excellent letter and I applaud you. I also think it is not appropriate to only compare the K2 with the Sony 700. What about the PRS 505 and whole barn full of other readers out there? It would be like in their car issue they only looked at GM vs Ford ignored all the other players. Granted, the market share of the others is probably relatively small compared to Sony and Kindle combined.... unless you start looking at the European market (which I suppose they don't care about).

I really hope they respond in some manner. Thanks for sharing.
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote