View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #144
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleuzer View Post
I absolutely *hate* audio books - they drive me crazy. Takes 10x longer to get through them, as they seem to just drone at a snail's pace on and on and on. The one AB I could deal with was a self-help book by Louise Hay where she's reading it herself - that was tolerable for some reason. But anything else and I just haven't been able to get into it. Keith Richards "Life" was the last one I think I tried, and after that I swore off them for good, lol.
To each their own ... I guess. Recently, I decided to start Trollope's The We Live Now (32 hours long!) , which I'd bought a while ago: "I'll just listen to a bit to see how it goes ..." Next thing I knew I was two hours into the book!

Unless you are visually impaired (with little choice), it's usually tedious to just sit and listen for long periods of time. Audiobooks are best combined with walking, public transportation, etc.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote