View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
If people don't read then ebooks won't miraculously turn them into readers... people buying and using eReaders (or tablets & smartphones) are people who already read to some degree... the main result of eReading will be to reduce paperbook reading, it's not going to suddenly result in a huge expansion of a mature market - readers...
I disagree. My own personal experience was I went from going years between times that I would read for pleasure to doing so every night. My Kobo makes things so much more accessible, I love the integrated dictionary (especially for period books with antiquated use of language), and I love the ability to use the same device to browse the web when something I've read inspires me to research something (such as reading alternative history, and that inspiring me to read up on the corresponding actual history).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote