Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #79
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Sad faced smiley indeed! So the book is "open" while the Glo slept for the night. Have you looked at the chapter structure of the book? Despite jusmee's insights I still believe the book can influence battery drainage. Larger books also cause the battery to drain faster than smaller books.

Still, 28% drop is ridiculous How many cycles has the battery had now? Perhaps the drop will get slower now that it's lower, coinciding with the non-linear gauge theory.

On another note: haven't heard back from Kobo yet! I contacted them twice last week about bad books and got responses with a day... it's been 2.5 days now. I'm still patient though.
The chapters appear fine to me. I'm not an expert, but the few chapter links I tried were fine. I should reiterate that the book (Inside Scientology) worked just fine on my Sony. In fact, the only issues I've had on either of my Sonys were the very odd wonky epub that would hang the reader. Tweaking them through Calibre generally fixed them.

The battery has dropped from 72% to 46% in 24 hours. It's only had 2 depletions/charges since being received, but I doubt this is a calibration issue.

Not sure why I'd have 2 bum Glo's in a row. Out of 2 Sonys and 3 Kobo models, this is the only one that's given us trouble. If it's an issue of not being able to deal with side-loaded epubs, then it's absolutely useless to me. I can't see that being the case though.

It's unfortunate Kobo hasn't gotten back to you yet on your problem. What I do in customer service cases like these, is keep a complete log of all events, contact attempts, etc.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote