View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #35
HoraceWimp
Enthusiast
HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Looking at this from a purely American perspective, this speaks absolute volumes about why things are the way they are here and I'll leave it at that lest I start getting off topic.
Indeed. Sadly, the west is now very much in terminal decline and world economies will soon if not already be bossed by the rising resource rich East and Southern economies of China, India, Russia, Africa and South America, who’ve finally got their acts together.

The reasons are manyfold, but as you rightly say, to start discussing that here would take it very off topic which would be wrong.

Nevertheless, given the industrial, economic and educational rise of India which is fast leaving its ‘third-world’ status behind and moving into the highly developed category, the increase in knowledge and education through higher reading averages is systematic with that rise.

This is why as I’ve said previously here, it’s highly rational, logical and believable that India could quite easily top a poll of average reading hours per capita.

There’s no coincidence whatsoever that the higher average weekly reading hours per capita is all mostly in the east in the rising developing countries and the lowest in the west in the declining developed countries.
HoraceWimp is offline   Reply With Quote