View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There can certainly be an issue if the metadata language code on the book isn't set correctly. I don't recall any issues with dictionaries themselves (which certainly isn't to say that there aren't any, of course ). In this case, though, given that the OP can use the dictionary lookup on Kindle for PC, the book appears to be set correctly.
There were such problems, at least with a couple of dictionaries I purchased from Amazon 3 or so years ago. When I tried them on Kindle Touch, they behaved as if they were for English lookup rather than French or Spanish. Eventually I called Kindle CS and they refunded the price and I was then able to re-purchase the now-fixed editions.

These still work as before on Kindle Keyboard, which is to say language metadata is ignored and you have to manually set the appropriate Default dictionary each time you switch to reading in a different language.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote