View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
http://www.claudebouchardbooks.com/a...ch-bad-reviews

Sounds more like a lot of people are in denial to me. Assuming your book is any good, bad reviews are more a sign of attracting someone from outside your intended market than anything else.
When I read a review written by someone who is obviously not the target audience of the book it only reinforces my own interest in the book (assuming I am the intended audience). Swearing, sex, and violence often get one star reviews complaining about those characteristics, which might be exactly what I'm looking for in a gritty thriller.

As to the blog you linked, the kind of reviews I'm referring to above aren't written by basement dwelling trolls, but spinster Sunday school teachers. I'm kidding about the stereotypes, but there are many different tastes and a bad review is only one person's opinion. The real killer for me is an author who tells me how many cats they own, I'm clicking that back button faster than you can microwave a kitten.

Last edited by Synamon; 04-30-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Disclaimer: No kittens were harmed in the creation of this post.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote