View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #319
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by biff123 View Post
Hi - i used Kubrick recently after reading posts about returning the Kindle Touch to normal - much appreciated thank you!

4 - Ran Kubrick - process did seem to hang at the USB driver bit, i unplugged the kindle and plugged it back in and the application started up again (waited over an hour before i did this though so not coincidence)
Sounds like a flat battery.
Quote:
5 - I thought i ran the option to jail break (prior to my manually upgrading to 5.3.2.1 later)
6 - After i ran Kubrick, screen saver folder was still present although clearly not in use
7 - I ran the update for 5.3.2.1 all went okay, screensaver folder still there, but my screen saver images not working
Kubrick operates on the system and (optionally) the internal data partitions, but not the user partition (unless you instruct it to re-install the TTS files, in which case it will put them there).

In other words: it is perfectly normal for the screensaver folder to stay there. Kubrick doesn't delete files on the USB partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff123 View Post
oh dear, ran the process again and now it wot boot as kindle :-( just gets stuck at the flashing stage :-(

Have put the kindle on charge, will see what happens tomorrow.

Any ideas?
Yes, definitely: let it charge, then try again. And don't worry: it's almost impossible to "destroy" a Kindle Touch. Kubrick can almost certainly resurrect it.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-15-2013 at 05:28 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote