View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #37
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I don't mind DRM, but I do wish that a bookstore would allow you to download whatever works for the device you have (so it would have a variety of formats) and then if you switch to a different e-reader, you would be able to download another copy of the book to the new e-reader in whatever format that new e-reader uses, without an additional charge. Like you could register your device, whatever it is, with that seller and then download books to that device in the format that works for it.

Also, I know when I worked for a newspaper, we knew through marketing how many people on average read each printed copy of the newspaper. I feel confident that publishers know how many people read each hard copy book that is printed, at least roughly, and I would like to see sharing available similar to how some books can be shared on the Nook, but I'd like to see it for all books and allowed for a number of shares comparable to how many people would have most likely read each hard cover book. Either that, or I'd like to see ebook prices decreased pretty significantly. I buy a lot of $12-range books and if I'm paying that much, I'd like to be able to share it at least generally as much as I would a hard copy book.

As far as the sharing goes, I have family overseas, and I would like to not be limited to sharing with people in the US.

I personally buy from my iPad and then have the books downloaded to my e-reader. I'd like to continue to be able to do that.

Also, I have two children and a husband who read with me. I'd like to be able to have a family share an account and send an e-book to whichever devices you want, as with the Amazon store. I don't like how the Barnes and Noble store handles families with more than one e-reader.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote